a11y-dialog is a lightweight yet flexible script to create accessible dialog windows.
- Follows the Dialog (Modal) pattern from the ARIA Authoring Practices Guide (APG)
- Supports alert dialogs as per the WAI-ARIA specifications
- Supports nested dialogs (however questionable)
- Exposes events to react to changes
- Is unopinionated with styling
- Is extensively tested and documented
- Is fast and tiny
You can try the live demo on CodeSandbox.
Originally, this repository was a fork from accessible-modal-dialog by Greg Kraus. It has gone through various stages since the initial implementation and both packages are no longer similar in the way they work.